After selecting your character's gender, portrait, and talents, you will need to choose a religion. There are three faiths that you can pick from: New Gods, Old Gods, or No Gods. Since Nuns, demons, and angels play a significant part in the game, your choice will affect the Items, events, and even Slaves that you can have during the game.
Worship of the New Gods, or True Gods, as they call themselves is the state religion. Notable New Gods are Amaterasu, Inari, Benten, Susanoo, Tsukiyomi, Fuijin & Raiden, Izanami & Izanagi, Kuni-Nashi, Tenjin, Amatsu Mikaboshi and Bishamon.
- Angelic Halo and Angel's Tear instead of Oroborus Candle and Torun's Chalice.
- Lesbian and Orgy decrease Morality.
The Old Faith is a wild and passionate religion connected to nature. Orgasms, whether self-induced or with a partner, are an important part of worship. Notable Old Gods are Matres, Epona, Herne, the Lady of the Lake, Taranis, Teutates, Manannàn and Lugh.
- Morality is renamed to Faith.
- Oroborus Candle and Torun's Chalice instead of Angelic Halo and Angel's Tear.
- Reading a book of Scripture will decrease Morality.
- Can Take a Walk at the Ruins.
- Cannot work as an Acolyte.
- Practise your Faith replaces Pray at Church.
- Theology will only have an effect if you've done Practise your Faith once or more times, but will give extra Lust and Nymphomania.
- Bondage decreases Joy and Love.
- Cannot train Rei unless you have the Secret Old Faith advantage.
- If you select Rei in SandBox mode, instead of training her your personal gold will get 500 bonus coins.